NO PURCHASE OR ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY. Sweepstakes ends 4/4/16. Void in AK, HI and where prohibited.
See Official Rules
below for details.
Heart Smart! Sponsors:
Be sure to click on our Sponsor's logos below to learn more about each product. Don't forget to check out the fantastic savings on these products and other great brands in your Sunday paper on February 7th.
2016 Heart Smart Sweepstakes
SPONSOR: News America Marketing FSI L.L.C., 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE, INTERNET ACCESS OR ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. TWO (2) WAYS TO ENTER: A) VIA THE INTERNET: Go to www.smartsource.com aand complete and submit the presented Official Online Entry Form as directed between 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on February 7, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("EDT") on April 4, 2016 (hereinafter, "Internet Entry"); OR B) VIA U.S. MAIL: Hand print your name, address and daytime telephone number including area code on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail your entry in an envelope with sufficient First Class Postage to: SmartSource Heart Smart Sweepstakes, Dept. 10767, P.O. Box 5016, Stacy, MN 55078-5016 (hereinafter, "U.S. Mail Entry"). All mailed entries must be postmarked by 4/4/16 and received by 4/11/16. Each Entry must be submitted separately whether electronically through the Internet or by regular U.S. Mail. Limit one (1) Entry per person or email address per day regardless of Entry method. For purposes of these Official Rules, a day begins at 12:01 AM EST/EDT and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST/EDT the same calendar day. Limit one person per e-mail address. Contestants who enter the Sweepstakes through the Internet Entry method must provide a valid e-mail address. Contestants who enter the Sweepstakes using a smartphone should contact their appropriate internet, wireless and/or phone service providers for complete details with respect to message and data rates both for sent and received messages. Entrants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable message and data charges. Use of robotic, automatic, or macro devices is not valid for Entry. Any Entry that is submitted with the use of a robotic, automated or macro device will be void. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor upon submission and will not be acknowledged or returned and the Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor's discretion. With respect to Internet Entries, Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, wireless connection, technical, hardware, software or program failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late Entries or Entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. For all U.S. Mail Entries, no photocopies or mechanically reproduced Entries permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, postage due, or misdirected Entries. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes (or the entire Sweepstakes) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor will select the winner by conducting a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Alaska and Hawaii, outside the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM EST on February 7, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on April 4, 2016.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older on the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of News America Marketing FSI L.L.C. and Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) or household members of each are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes or win a prize. Internet entrants must have Internet access as of February 6, 2016.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about April 15, 2016, one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received from all methods combined. Random drawing will be conducted by Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email or U.S. Mail on or about April 22, 2016. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or the prize cannot be awarded to the selected winner for any reason, the prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible Entries received
- ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive one (1) trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Guest to Puerto Rico consisting of: round trip economy class air transportation for two (2) persons from the major commercial airport with regularly scheduled flights nearest winner's permanent residence at the time of entry to San Juan International Airport and five (5) nights hotel accommodations (one double occupancy hotel room) at the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of Grand Prize up to: $4,300. The approximate retail value of Grand Prize will vary depending upon Grand Prize Winner's permanent residence and airline and hotel rate fluctuations. Air transportation provider will be designated by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all ground transportation between airport of departure/return and Grand Prize Winner's residence and ground transportation while in Puerto Rico. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all meals and beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, personal incidentals, in-room charges (e.g. laundry services and telephone), baggage fees, amenities, security fees, taxes, or other expenses or incidentals not specified herein. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid credit card at the time of hotel registration and will be solely responsible for any and all incidentals charged to his/her hotel room upon hotel check-out. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for obtaining necessary travel documents, including but not limited to, government issued identification prior to departure. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) as directed by Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification attempt or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Grand Prize trip must be completed by December 31, 2016 or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements must be made at least sixty (60) days prior to departure and material restrictions apply. Travel is subject to availability and blackout dates will apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the participating hotel should the participating hotel not be available at the time of travel. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. If either the Grand Prize Winner or a Guest becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Sweepstakes prize package due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the prize award; or (2) extending the period during which such prize may be awarded for a period determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winner or Guest must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Grand Prize Winner at Grand Prize Winner's expense. Grand Prize will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on his/her prize.. Grand Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. Grand Prize is nontransferable; no substitutions or cash redemptions except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC will be solely responsible for providing the Grand Prize to the Grand Prize Winner. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value of the Grand Prize and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Airline tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated on such tickets and various additional material restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from the Grand Prize Winner's or his/her Guest's change to itinerary or accommodations. If the Guest is deemed a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her state of residence, Guest must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No additional travel expenses or any other aspects of the Grand Prize will be awarded should Guest's parent or legal guardian be required to accompany Guest. Grand Prize trip does not include travel insurance; any and all travel, life, accident, property or other insurance relating to the Grand Prize and its use will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest. Grand Prize trip is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the FAA, the Department of Defense and/or the Department of Homeland Security as required.
- GENERAL: Sponsor and its agencies, and affiliates and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible or liable for damages, losses, or injury of any kind resulting from or in connection with acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges' decisions. By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner will be required to submit to Sponsor at least one (1) photograph of himself/herself during the Grand Prize trip ("Trip Photograph"). By submitting the Trip Photograph, Grand Prize Winner grants Sponsor and its affiliates a worldwide, irrevocable, exclusive, assignable, transferable, unqualified, unrestricted, royalty-free license and right to edit, modify, publish, use, reuse, distribute, display, copy and otherwise exploit the Trip Photograph or any part thereof (with or without the Grand Prize Winner's name and city/state), and any materials based thereon or derived from, in any manner and in any media (whether now known or later developed), for any lawful purposes whatsoever (noncommercial or commercial), including, without limitation, for use in the packaging and POS materials, or for promotion, marketing or advertising of Sponsor, its brands and/or products in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without further permission, notification, consideration, or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited by law. Grand Prize Winner agrees that Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. Any claim related to this Sweepstakes must be resolved in the United States.
- NAME OF WINNER:To obtain the name of the Winner, available after May 13, 2016, send a written request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SmartSource Heart Smart Sweepstakes Winner, Dept. 10767W, P.O. Box 5016, Stacy, MN 55078-5016 by November 30, 2016.
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these complete Official Rules, send a written request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope (Vermont residents may omit return postage.) to: SmartSource Heart Smart Sweepstakes Rules, Dept. 10767, P.O. Box 5016, Stacy, MN 55078-5016 by November 30, 2016.
© 2016 News America Marketing FSI L.L.C. All rights reserved.