No purchase or online subscription necessary. See Official Rules
below for details.
This promotion has ended.
Summer Blast-Off Sponsors
2010 Summer Blast-Off Sweepstakes
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Two ways to enter: 1) Go to www.smartsource.com and complete and submit the presented Official Online Entry Form as directed between 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 16, 2010 and 11:59:59 PM ET on June 14, 2010; or 2) Hand print your name, address and daytime telephone number including area code on a 3” x 5” piece of paper and mail your entry in an envelope with First Class Postage to: SmartSource 2010 Summer Blast Off Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 3100, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-3100. All mailed entries must be postmarked by June 14, 2010 and received by June 21, 2010. Each entry must be submitted separately whether electronically or by regular U.S. Mail. Limit one entry per person or email address per day (regardless of the method of entry). For purposes of these Official Rules, a day begins at 12:01 AM ET. Limit one person per e-mail address. Contestants entering through the Internet must provide a valid e-mail address. For all U.S. Mail entries, no photocopies or mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, postage due, or misdirected entries. With respect to Online entries, Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software or program failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late entries or entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the online portion of this Sweepstakes (or the entire Sweepstakes) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor will select winners by conducting a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Alaska and Hawaii, outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM ET on May 16, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 14, 2010.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding residents of Alaska and Hawaii) and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction within which they reside on the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of News America Marketing FSI L.L.C., Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, JetBlue Airways and Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) or household members of each are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes or win a prize. Online entrants must have Internet access as of May 15, 2010.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about June 30, 2010, winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received from all methods combined. Random drawing will be conducted by Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Selected entrants will be notified by email or U.S. Mail on or about July 14, 2010. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or any prize cannot be awarded to a selected winner for any reason, that prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries received.
- PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: Each Grand Prize is a trip for Grand Prize winner and three (3) Travel Companions (“Guests”). Each Grand Prize consists of round trip coach air transportation for four (4) persons on JetBlue Airways from the major commercial airport serviced by JetBlue Airways closest to winner’s residence to Orlando, FL three (3) nights hotel accommodations (two hotel rooms, each double occupancy) at a hotel designated by Sponsor, four (4) Commander’s Club Annual Passes to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex each redeemable for twelve (12) months of unlimited admissions (except launch days), participation in the Lunch with an Astronaut Program for four (4) persons including the opportunity to meet an astronaut designated by Sponsor, Discover KSC: Today & Tomorrow Tour with veteran NASA astronaut designated by Sponsor for four (4) persons, and one (1) $100 certificate to The Space Shop located at Kennedy Space Center. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $8,790; TEN (10) FIRST PRIZES: Each First Prize consists of one (1) Apollo Sterling coin collection. ARV of each First Prize: $500; and TWENTY-FIVE (25) SECOND PRIZES: Each Second Prize consists of one (1) Earth and Space Desk Ornament. ARV of each Second Prize: $200. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $27,580. In the event a Grand Prize Winner resides within 180 miles from Orlando, Florida, Grand Prize Winner will not receive the round trip coach air transportation portion of the Grand Prize and no compensation will be provided to the winner in lieu of the round trip coach air transportation portion of the prize. In the event a Grand Prize Winner resides more than 180 miles from an airport that is serviced by JetBlue Airways, such winner will also receive round trip coach air transportation for four (4) persons from the major commercial airport nearest winner’s home to the nearest airport serviced by JetBlue Airways. Air transportation provider is subject to change at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that Grand Prize travel involves a connection through a JetBlue gateway city and connecting flights are not available on the same date of travel, Grand Prize Winner will be provided with lodging and ground transfers to/from airport in gateway city at sole discretion of Sponsor. Grand Prize air transportation is valid only for use by the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests, Grand Prize Winners and their Guests must depart on same travel itinerary and return on same travel itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations and travel insurance, if any. If a Guest is deemed a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her state of residence, that Guest must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No additional travel expenses or any other aspects of the Grand Prize will be awarded should a Guest’s parent or legal guardian be required to accompany Guest. Grand Prize Winners will be required to provide a cash deposit or valid credit card at the time of hotel/resort registration and all Grand Prize Winners will be solely responsible for any and all incidentals charged to the hotel/resort room upon hotel/resort check-out. Hotel and Resort accommodations are subject to availability, blackout dates and certain restrictions. Grand Prize Winners and their Guests are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage except those regarding denied boarding compensation and the Passenger’s Bill of Rights. Grand Prize travel is not eligible for TrueBlue points. Grand Prize Winners and their Guests are solely responsible for any applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, and all insurance fees. JetBlue Airways is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. JetBlue Schedules subject to change without notice. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without the proper documentation. Other JetBlue restrictions apply. Certain JetBlue restrictions and blackout dates may apply, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. No substitutions or deviations with respect to origin or destination will be allowed. Other restrictions apply. Each Grand Prize winner (and each of his/her Guests) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) as directed by Sponsor. Certain elements of the Grand Prize are subject to health and safety-related restrictions. Each Grand Prize Winner and his/her guests are responsible for determining whether such prize elements are appropriate and safe for his/her use. Each Grand Prize trip must be completed by 6/30/11 or the trip will be forfeited with no compensation to that Grand Prize Winner. Each Grand Prize Winner will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Each winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on his/her prize. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions.
- GENERAL: Sponsor and its agencies, and affiliates and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible or liable for damages, losses, or injury of any kind resulting from or in connection with acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions. By accepting a prize, each prize winner consents to the use of his/her name/likeness, and biographical information for publicity purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Each prize winner agrees that Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. Any claim related to this Sweepstakes must be resolved in the United States. In the event more prize winner notifications are issued, or more winning claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all eligible Prize claims for the prize(s) at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of a prize. In the event any of the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event) the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. The interpretation of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York exclusively and solely by and within the courts of that state without regard to choice of law principles.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of Winners, available after August 13, 2010, send a written request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SmartSource Summer Blast-Off Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 8046W, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-8046 by March 1, 2011.
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these complete Official Rules, send a written request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope (Vermont residents may omit return postage.) to: SmartSource Summer Blast off Sweepstakes Rules, P.O. Box 8046R, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-8046 by March 1, 2011.
SPONSOR: News America Marketing FSI, LLC, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
© 2010 News America Marketing FSI, LLC. All rights reserved.