No Purchase of Online Subscription Necessary.
See Official Rules
New Year New You! Sponsors: Find savings on these brands in your Sunday paper, January 6th.
2013 New Year, New You Sweepstakes
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE, INTERNET ACCESS OR ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THREW (3) WAYS TO ENTER: A) VIA THE INTERNET: Go to www.smartsource.com and complete and submit the presented Official Online Entry Form as directed between 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on 1/6/13 and 11:59:59 PM EST on 2/25/13 (hereinafter, “Internet Entry”); B) VIA U.S. MAIL: Hand print your name, address and daytime telephone number including area code on a 3” x 5” piece of paper and mail your entry in an envelope with sufficient First Class Postage to: SmartSource New Year, New You! Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2345, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-2345 (hereinafter, “U.S. Mail Entry”). All mailed entries must be postmarked by 2/25/13 and received by 3/4/13; or C) VIA SMARTSOURCE Xpress® for iPad® app: You may download the SmartSource Xpress® for FREE from the App Store directly from your iPad or your desktop. When you enter at SmartSource Xpress® for iPad App, you will be sent to a mobile web page where you can complete the Online Entry Form between 12:01 AM EST on 1/6/13 and 11:59:59 PM EST on 2/25/13 (hereinafter, “Wireless Entry”). Standard carrier-specific wireless messaging rates and all applicable taxes apply depending upon the entrant’s wireless pricing plan. Other carrier-specific rates and applicable taxes may also apply in accordance with entrant’s wireless customer agreement. Each Entry must be submitted separately whether electronically, by regular U.S. Mail, Internet or via Wireless. Limit one (1) Entry per person or email address per day per Entry method. For purposes of these Official Rules, a day begins at 12:01 AM EST. Limit one person per e-mail address. Contestants entering through the Internet or Wireless Entry methods must provide a valid e-mail address. With respect to Internet and Wireless Entries, Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, wireless communications, technical, hardware, software or program failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet or Wireless users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late entries or Entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. For all U.S. Mail Entries, no photocopies or mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, postage due, or misdirected entries. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the Internet or Wireless portion of this Sweepstakes (or the entire Sweepstakes) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor will select winners by conducting a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM EST on 1/6/13 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on 2/25/13.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction within which they reside on the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of News America Marketing FSI L.L.C. and Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) or household members of each are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes or win a prize. Internet and Wireless entrants must have Internet or Wireless access as of January 5, 2013.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about March 15, 2013, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received from all methods combined. Random drawing will be conducted by Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Selected entrant will be notified by email or U.S. Mail on or about March 22, 2013. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or the prize cannot be awarded to the selected winner for any reason, the prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries received.
- ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize is a trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Guest. Grand Prize consists of round trip coach air transportation for two (2) persons from the major commercial airport with regularly scheduled flights nearest winner’s permanent residence at the time of entry to any major commercial airport with regularly scheduled flights nearest city destination that is located in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and selected by Grand Prize Winner, three (3) nights hotel accommodations (one double occupancy hotel room and tax only) at a Spa resort selected by Grand Prize Winner and four (4) spa treatment each for Grand Prize Winner and Guest. The Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $4,500. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize will vary depending upon Grand Prize Winner’s permanent residence and airline and hotel rate fluctuations. Air transportation provider will be designated by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all ground transportation between airport of departure/return and Grand Prize Winner’s residence and for any and all ground transportation required within the city destination selected by Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all meals, beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, personal incidentals, in-room charges (e.g. laundry services and telephone), baggage fees, amenities, security fees, taxes, or other expenses or incidentals not specified herein, are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid credit card at the time of hotel registration and will be solely responsible for any and all incidentals charged to his/her hotel room upon hotel check-out. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for obtaining necessary travel documents prior to departure. Hotel accommodations consist of standard double occupancy room and room tax only. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) as directed by Sponsor within 14 days of notification attempt or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. In the event the Grand Prize Winner’s Guest is 18 years of age but is considered a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, such Guest’s parent or legal guardian must sign and return all required documentation. Grand Prize trip must be completed by December 31, 2013 or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements must be made at least 60 days prior to departure and material restrictions apply. Travel is subject to availability and blackout dates will apply. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. If either the Grand Prize Winner or the Guest becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Sweepstakes prize package due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the prize award; or (2) extending the period during which such prize may be awarded for a period determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner or Guest must prove such disability by a doctor’s certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Grand Prize Winner at Grand Prize Winner’s expense. Grand Prize will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on his/her prize. Grand Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. Prize is nontransferable; no substitutions or cash redemptions except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC will be solely responsible for providing prize to Grand Prize Winner. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value of the prize and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded. The approximate retail value of the prize set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Airline tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated on such tickets and various additional material restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from Prize Winner or his/her Guest’s change(s) to itinerary or accommodations. If the Guest is deemed a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her state of residence, Guest must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No additional travel expenses or any other aspects of the Grand Prize will be awarded should Guest’s parent or legal guardian be required to accompany Guest. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Grand Prize Trip does not include travel insurance; any and all travel, life, accident, property or other insurance relating to the Grand Prize and its use will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest. Grand Prize Trip is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the FAA, the Department of Defense and/or the Department of Homeland Security as required.
- GENERAL: Sponsor and its agencies, and affiliates and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible or liable for damages, losses, or injury of any kind resulting from or in connection with acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions. By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner consents to the use of his/her name/likeness, and biographical information for publicity purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Grand Prize Winner agrees that Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. Any claim related to this Sweepstakes must be resolved in the United States.
- NAME OF WINNER: To obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner, available after April 15, 2013, send a written request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SmartSource New Year, New You! Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 8083W, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-8083 by September 30, 2013.
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these complete Official Rules, send a written request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope (Vermont residents may omit return postage.) to: SmartSource New Year, New You! Sweepstakes Rules, P.O. Box 8083R, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-8083 by September 30, 2013.
- SPONSOR: News America Marketing FSI L.L.C., 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
2013 News America Marketing FSI L.L.C. All rights reserved.